The key components of the C3T Hawai'i grant include break-through innovations that have proven successful in other areas of the country dealing with getting a better, more qualified workforce prepared and engaged. Participants will have a complete pathway to obtain the skills and education necessary for high-wage and high-skill employment through the following strategies:
- Career Pathways will weave adult basic education into the curriculum tailored by each sector delivered alongside workforce training. These are employer-driven programs that provide a seamless transition into industry-focused training programs.
- Student Support Services will provide all C3T students wrap around support that includes phone and
web-based student coaching, student cohorts and early intervention services to ensure student success.
Inside Track Coaching (http://uhcc.insidetrackcoaching.com/)
Discovering Resources with Coaching
- Credit and Non-Credit Programs will give students a variety of options that best fits their lifestyle and career aspirations through modular formats, accelerated course work, stackable credentials allowing students to complete course work in stages, specifically targeting working individuals with a work-at-their-own-pace approach.
- Online Education Resources will incorporate hybrid, technology enabling programs to promote successful online learning and simulation.
- iCAN is a free student support program designed to accelerate a students' preparation for entry into workforce
training programs related to Agriculture, Energy, or Health careers. iCAN can also provide supplemental academic support
for students currently enrolled in workforce development trainings who are seeking assistance to help them be successful
in their current workforce trainings.
- Kapiolani CC
Sally Pestana, Coordinator
Todd Rentz, Intake Coordinator
Ph: (808) 734-9286
- Hawaii CC
Esther (Estee) Nathanson
- Honolulu CC
Ph: (808) 847-9823
- Kauai CC
Eric R. Anderson
- Leeward CC (visit site)
Sherri-Ann Pai, Coordinator
Ph: (808) 455-0689
- Maui College
- Windward CC (visit site)
Roya Dennis, Coordinator
Ph: (808) 235-7381
Student Support Specialist
Ph: (808) 235-7386
- Kapiolani CC