Academic Year 2014 – 2015 in Aichi, Japan
The University of Hawai'i Community Colleges (UHCC) is proud to offer students a unique opportunity to study Japanese language and culture at Aichi University. Located in the beautiful city of Toyohashi in Aichi Prefecture, Aichi University is a private liberal arts university consisting of a junior college, six undergraduate programs, and eight postgraduate departments. With approximately 9,500 students, the institution is the center of a rich range of international exchange and was founded on the ideals of contributing to world culture and peace, training students with an international outlook, and contributing to its local community. Under our student exchange agreement, UHCC students pay their UHCC home campus full-time (12 credit) tuition and attend Aichi University tuition-free.Dates: One year (September 2014 – July 2015) or one semester (fall: Sept 2014 – Jan 2015; spring: Mar 2015 – July 2015)
Eligibility (must be met at the time of application):
- University of Hawai'i Community College student (based on home campus)
- Attended and completed at least two (2) semesters of college
- Minimum cumulative 2.8 GPA (GPA from all UH campuses combined)
- Completed Japanese 201 with a "C" or higher, or equivalent (applicants currently taking JPN 201 may apply if earning a "C" or higher at the time of application)
- Students of proven academic excellence and character as evidenced by grades, resume, personal statement, and recommendations
The figures below are provided only as an estimate for a one-year stay and are subject to change.
|Expenses||Approximate Annual Cost|
|UHCC home campus tuition (12 credits, based on resident tuition)||$2,736 ($1,368/sem)|
|Airfare (round-trip Honolulu-Nagoya within 11 months)||$1,500|
|Lodging (includes utilities, maintenance)||$6,000 ($3,000/sem)|
|Aichi University fees (e.g., textbooks, excursions)||$300|
|Medical insurance (National Health Insurance mandatory for all who stay one year) and overseas travel insurance||$160 + cost of 1-year overseas travel insurance purchased in US (varies)|
|Living expenses (e.g., food, toiletries, bedding, transportation, dorm supplies)||$9,000 - $11,000|
|Estimated Total Annual Cost||$19,504 to $21,504+|
How to Apply: Apply Online (deadline: March 1, 2014 at 4:00pm HST).
Applications will be accepted beginning December 1, 2013.
Questions: Karen Hayashida, Community Colleges & International Education Manager,
(808) 956-3855 or firstname.lastname@example.org