Academic Year 2017 – 2018 in Aichi, Japan
The University of Hawai'i Community Colleges (UHCC) is proud to offer students a unique opportunity to study Japanese language and culture at Aichi University. Located in the beautiful city of Nagoya in Aichi Prefecture, Aichi University is a private liberal arts university consisting of a junior college, seven undergraduate programs, and eight postgraduate departments. With approximately 7,600 students, the institution is the center of a rich range of international exchange and was founded on the ideals of contributing to world culture and peace, training students with an international outlook, and contributing to its local community. Under our student exchange agreement, UHCC students pay their UHCC home campus full-time (12 credit) tuition and attend Aichi University tuition-free.Dates: One year (September 2017 – July 2018) or one semester (fall: Sept 2017 – Jan 2018; spring: Mar 2018 – July 2018)
Eligibility (must be met at the time of application):
- University of Hawai'i Community College student (based on home campus)
- Attended and completed at least two (2) semesters of college
- Minimum cumulative 2.8 GPA (GPA from all UH campuses combined)
- Completed Japanese 201 with a "C" or higher, or equivalent (applicants currently taking JPN 201 may apply if earning a "C" or higher at the time of application)
- Students of proven academic excellence and character as evidenced by grades, resume, personal statement, and recommendations
The figures below are provided only as an estimate for a one-year stay and are subject to change.
Scholarship may be available to defray costs.
|Expenses||Approximate Annual Cost|
|UHCC home campus tuition (12 credits, based on resident tuition)||$3,024 ($1,512/sem)|
|Airfare (round-trip Honolulu-Nagoya within 11 months)||$1,000|
|Lodging (includes some utilities & maintenance)*||$6,000 ($3,000/sem)|
|*student to pay own electricity and hot water||$30 - $60/mo|
|Aichi University fees (e.g., textbooks, excursions)||$300|
|Medical insurance (National Health Insurance mandatory for all who stay one year) and overseas travel insurance||$160 + cost of 1-year overseas travel insurance purchased in US (varies)|
|Living expenses (e.g., food, toiletries, bedding, transportation, dorm supplies)||$9,000 - $11,000|
|Estimated Total Annual Cost||$19,514 to $21,544|
More information can be found in the F.A.Q.
How to Apply: Apply Online (deadline: March 1, 2017 at 4:00pm HST).
Applications will be accepted beginning December 1, 2016.
Questions: Jami Kurtz,
(808) 956-3855 or email@example.com